747 State Highway 1, Levin
Ph: (+64) 06 368 3957
Recipes + Asparagus Preparation Tips
Over the years we have collected a range of recipes and mastered
our own techniques of cooking and preparing asparagus.
Included here are some of our favourites.
20 quick, tasty ways to prepare Tendertips asparagus
- Drop into boiling water, remove when it gets back to the boil. Drizzle over 2 parts olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar.
- Raw or blanched in an asparagus, avocado and strawberry salad.
- Roasted with other vegetables such as olives, carrots and tomatoes.
- Steamed, with black pepper and butter.
- Baked in a quiche or frittata.
- Cooked in a fry pan with butter and very small amount of water, drain and finish in butter only.
- Baked with white sauce and cheese.
- Stir-fried with other vegetables
- Cooked on BBQ with good quality olive oil.
- Wrapped with bacon and baked.
- Poached with eggs and drizzled in hollandaise.
- Asparagus rolls – boil and rapidly cool the asparagus. Spread fresh bread with cream cheese, roll up.
- Savoury muffins with bacon and cheese.
- Chicken and asparagus risotto.
- Wrapped in ham – put in casserole dish with boiled sliced eggs/mushrooms/baby potatoes.
- Asparagus casserole – layers of cheese roux, new potatoes sliced, hard-boiled egg, asparagus (lots). Top with roux, grated cheese, and breadcrumbs. Into the oven.
- Tempura – half spear.
- Hot asparagus and whole-grain mustard sandwiches.
- Asparagus and bacon omelette.
- Warm salad in vinaigrette.